Before disassembling, use a screwdriver to press th […]
Before disassembling, use a screwdriver to press the wedge upwards through the bolt hole of the wheel to return the brake shoe. Remove the lower hub cap with a special tool, remove the split pin, and remove the crown nut guard ring. Remove the adjusting nuts, washers, and bearings for the preload of the hub bearings and remove the brake drum.
Decomposition of brake shoes
(1) Press down the brake shoe positioning pin compression Brake drum spring, remove the brake shoe positioning pin and the pressure spring washer, lift the brake shoe from the lower bearing with a screwdriver, crowbar or by hand, and take out the lower return spring.
(2) Remove the hand brake wire from the brake lever, remove the tension spring and upper return spring of the wedge with a pair of pliers and remove the brake shoe.
(3) Hold the brake shoe with pressure lever in the vise and remove the positioning spring.
Brake shoe installation
(1) Mount the return spring and connect the brake shoe with the pressure rod (push rod), install the wedge (bump facing the bottom plate of the brake), and install another brake shoe with the transmission tube on the pressure rod .
(2) Install the upper return spring (the maximum allowable length is 130mm), put the hand brake rope on the brake arm, and install the brake shoe on the outer groove of the piston of the wheel brake cylinder.
(3) Load the lower return spring and lift the brake shoe to the lower bearing, and install the wedge spring (maximum allowable length is 113mn); install the brake shoe positioning pin, compression spring and washer .
Brake drum installation
Bring the brake shoe back, install the brake drum and rear wheel bearing, adjust the bearing preload, and press the brake pedal hard once to make the brake shoe properly seated.